We are a part of MetLife Inc., a leading global provider of insurance, annuities and employee benefit programs. Through its subsidiaries and affiliates, MetLife holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, East Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We make use of international MetLife Inc. experience as well as of the employees’ and business partners’ professional approach and commitment.
US GAAP Financial Reporting Lead
- Prepares US GAAP adjustment entries required for the completeness of monthly US GAAP financial statements. Examples include separate account assets, fixed assets and trademark amortization, equity pick up, and DAC.
- Prepares the playbook for any once off unusual capital transactions. For example dividends, equity transfers, portfolio transfers, dissolution’s, liquidations etc.
- Prepares Balance Sheet Account reconciliation and certification for FSC entries. Ensures all accounts in FSC ownership are correct and supporting documentation abides by the MetLife policy.
- Prepares a set of SEC regulatory disclosures required for the preparation of the 10Q/K in cooperation with the countries/sub-regions and under the guidance of the US SEC team.
- Monitors ICP reports throughout the close period to ensure all ICPs outages are being addressed.
- Assists in projects or ad hoc work run by the FSC
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent and Qualified Member of Professional Accounting Association (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
- Strong understanding of US GAAP rules for Life Insurance companies.
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting/Controlling within Life Insurance.
- Proficient in English
- Proven record of dealing with US Multinational reporting deadlines across multiple times zones.
- Prior experience with international reporting including an understanding of the impact of foreign exchange.
- Proficient in use of computerized financial systems.
- Knowledge of People Soft and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) (an advantage).
- Effective in time management, planning and prioritization.
- Works positively in changing environment and strives for continuous improvement in processes and tasks.
- Ability to work within tight time constraints and multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork and collaboration.
- Attractive benefits package (insurance, retirement plan, medical care and multisport).
- Stable work based on a contract of employment.
- Flexible working hours.
- The opportunity to develop and gain experience.
- Multinational environment with a high standard of work in a prestigious organization
We are processing your personal data for recruitment process. Data controller will be this MetLife company, which is recruiting and which data is available in Job form. You can contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. You data will be used for recruitment process, based on Labour code and if your will provide us more information that required we will process this data based on legitimate interest of data controller. If recruitment will apply for more than one MetLife company, we can disclose your personal data to them. Your data will be processed until it is necessary for this recruitment process. Providing data is voluntary, but necessary for performing recruitment process. You can make complaint to local Personal Data Protection authority. You can access to your personal data, modify it or restrict processing. You can also make request of reject of processing. You can find more information about how we process personal data on our website: https://www.metlife.pl/pl/individual/obsuga-klienta/index.html.
Please be informed that we will contact only selected candidates.