Industrial Solutions empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software, and services to protect, control, and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. Across multiple energy-intensive industries, the business provides customers with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure. The position holder belongs to the European Sourcing Organisation. The Sourcing Commodity Leader will be responsible to develop and execute a world class commodity strategy to achieve deflationary targets. The employee will be responsible for one of direct materials commodities purchase by GE Industrial Solutions within Metallics/Non Metallics Team.
- Develop a deep understanding of the usage of the commodity he/she is responsible for;
- Understand market dynamics, follow market trends and drive costs out by managing supplier relationship;
- Understand how to create a simple, realistic, reality based customer-focused vision and can communicate this in a straightforward way to the key stakeholders and the wider sourcing team;
- Can present and advocate the sourcing case to a variety of audiences with self confidence;
- Can drive conclusions and decisions in relation related to sourcing;
- Develop regional preferred suppliers (vendor consolidation), identify global cost opportunities, work with sourcing associates from other GE businesses all over the word and leverage resources;
- Facilitate meetings and workout sessions with cross-functional teams on sourcing topics;
- Influence decisions and develop agreement with regards to NPI, manufacturing, engineering and services;
- Involve all key stakeholders and members of the sourcing team;
- Understand the resistance to the changes in sourcing and knows what it takes to change an organization culture;
- Drive existing projects and identify new cost out opportunities;
- Provide financial estimations about managed commodity, manage inflation / deflation report;
- Maintain supplier data (prices, payment terms, lead-times) in SAP;
- Maintains records of all assessments, communications and agreements with suppliers, make sure these records are easily accessible;
- Ensure 2- way communication with business leadership on sourcing matters;
- Apply a variety of tactics moving the negotiations further, while maintaining a positiv environment and supplier relationships;
- Understands the commercial law codes & requirements in supplier agreements.
- BSc/BA in Business;
- An Engineering background would be an advantage;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Additional languages would be an advantage;
- Strong sourcing experience (or equivalent).
- An interesting job in a company promoting innovative and modern technologies;
- Opportunity for professional development in an international environment and for increasing your abilities and skills in various areas;
- Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market;
- Attractive salary based on your professional experience and skills;
- Good working environment.