HedgeServ is a hedge fund administration company that features a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides a service solution for front office, risk, valuations, middle office, fund accounting and fund administration that is customized to the needs of the individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity funds. HedgeServ is located in New York, London, Boston, Cork, Dublin, Luxembourg, Sydney, Cayman and our new European office Kraków, Poland.
A Senior Fund Accountant will be required to execute the following tasks within the fund accounting or NAV department. They shall be executed within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a Fund Accounting Supervisor and Fund Accounting Manager. Reconciliation, trade capture, processing corporate actions and pricing are an integral part of the Fund Accountant’s role. They will be required to perform these core tasks accurately and in a timely and efficient manner. Every Fund Accountant will receive the requisite Induction Training in addition to both compulsory training (AML/KYC) and optional training. Additional, client-specific training will be provided by the NAV Supervisor.
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs.
- Assist in the production of daily, weekly and monthly NAV, ensuring completion of specified tasks per NAV checklists
- Perform cash, position and market value reconciliations between HedgeServ, brokers and clients
- Respond to client queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Identify and investigate break items on reconciliations in a timely manner and liaise with brokers and clients on resolving break items
- Escalate fund accounting issues and aged items to the Fund Accounting Supervisor
- Ensure all positions are priced correctly
- Verify corporate actions to ensure accurate processing
- Prepare daily profit and loss reports and review for reasonableness
- Calculate and process income and expense accruals including fee calculations and trading accruals
- Comply with HedgeServ’s defined checklists, procedures and controls
- Assist in the audit process if required
- Converse and liaise with internal service departments to resolve miscellaneous fund issues.
- Ensure pre-agreed internal and external deadlines are met consistently
- As such a Fund Accountant should be flexible and willing to adapt
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role within the funds industry is desired. Alternative Hedge Fund experience may be considered
- Intention to actively pursue a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA) is not required but would be an advantage
- IT Literate
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required.
- Reliable, dependable and committed
- Take ownership of designated tasks