HedgeServ is a leading hedge fund administration company that features a unique technology platform serviced by some of the most experienced teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides technologically advanced solutions for front office, risk, valuations, middle office, fund accounting and fund administration that is customized to the needs of the individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity funds. As a global firm, HedgeServ’s is based in New York city wth offices including Dublin, Cork, Boston, Sydney, Luxembourg, Cayman Island & our new European office in Krakow.
As an IT Support Specialist, you will join a global support organization responsible for providing technical support to all end user technologies, currently implemented and offered to our Enterprise. We are looking for a competent front-end support professional to provide timely and valuable technical assistance on IT systems across a large and diverse pool of technical services portfolio. You will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer assistance to resolve them. You will troubleshoot, configure, and deploy devices and conduct other daily support activities aimed to help and enhance our user community’s productivity. You are expected to perform timely and quality resolution to issues and record them in our ticketing system - Service Desk Plus, while always providing an optimal customer services experience with every interaction. This position reports to the “Global End User Services – Manager”. The incumbent candidate may need to assist in other sites’ technical operations within Krakow and as needed, in any of our 10 offices located in six different countries. In addition, this role will participate in various project planning and execution activities with the Global Support groups and other IT groups within the Information Technology division at HedgeServ.
- Support our team in providing quality and fast resolution to service and incident requests submitted to our support center via phone, email, and ticketing system.
- Consistently document all information related to service and incident requests to ensure all interactions with customers and peers are documented in our Ticketing Systems and others information systems.
- Actively capture, create, and correct help articles for our Support Knowledge Base.
- Assist in keeping IT support process documents up-to-date.
- Open support cases with software and hardware vendors when required.
- Establish and follow assigned priorities based on business and operational needs.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships by working cooperatively with others to perform preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Assist user community with the installation and configuration of IT equipment such as PCs, Laptops, Apple Macbooks, printers, IP Phones, etc.
- Assist with training for new and existing users regarding existing and new technologies.
- Basic troubleshooting of network and voice infrastructure.
- Support iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Identify and appropriately use defined escalation processes for requests that require further technical investigation or the interaction of other IT Teams.
- Support the creation of standard operating procedures (SOP) to promote consistency across the various layers of services offered.
- Travel to remote sites for IT projects and field installations as required.
- Conduct weekly asset management and inventory of spare parts.
- Work with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
- Carrying out other duties as management may request of you.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology and work experience in related field
- A minimum of 1 years experience supporting Windows and Apple operating environments
- Experience with Office 365 suite required
- Fleunt English & Polish
- Proficiency in dealing with a variety of computer systems/applications required
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
- Strong diagnostic, problem solving and communication skills
- Proactive self-starter, with minimum guidance or management required.
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to work on their own as well as part of a team
- Must be a good communicator.
- Should expect to be available after hours at short notice and work from home when required.
The right candidate is expected to have some experience or exposure to one or more of the following technologies.
DHCP/ DNS, Domain controllers, Active directory/ Group Policies. Patch management, Windows server 2003/ 2008/ 2012 OS, Exchange Server and Email routing, Office 360, TCP/IP Switching and Routing, Firewall and Web Proxy, Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10 support, Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016 support, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, (MDT) Windows Deployment Services, (WDS) System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Software Deployment, Manage Engine SDP and Desktop Central, Kaspersky Endpoint Protection 10, PowerShell scripting.