Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
Internal Control Expert Services (ICES) team will be the global collaboration partner to business and Global Business Services (GBS), proactively driving and contributing to the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls and risk management. Through energy, enthusiasm and expert skillset, ICES will collaborate with stakeholders, driving standardization, automation, continuous improvement and creating long-term value of internal controls.
You will be part of ICES team and responsible to execute the 1st line of defense in providing oversight, expertise and value add enhancements to ICES stakeholders. As Internal Control Specialist, you will provide internal control services to the business
- Execute activities as 1st line of defense to ensure businesses, GBS receive needed hands-on support timely.
- Support and guide, management in the design, development and maintenance of effective risk and control management practices.
- Support process design enhancements to standardize processes and controls (in coordination with Global Process Owners) to simplify and rationalize the control environment.
- Support process reviews to identify sustainable control improvements, Perform quality reviews to ensure high quality risk and control execution.
- Gather business insights to operational management to support achievement of business objectives, support the implementation of local or Group wide methodology changes and training delivery.
- Drive the remediation and deficiency assessment process and proactively work with the Process and Control owners to establish proper remediation plans.
- Support the assessment of deficiencies and their underlying root causes, monitor and guide management in the timely and sustainable remediation of deficiencies.
- Deliver periodic training and expertise to Process Owners, Control Owners and Control Performers to ensure successful execution of roles and responsibilities and increase awareness on the importance of risks and controls.
- 3-5 years’ experience in finance, audit or internal control related areas.
- Good business knowledge and working experience in the area of process improvements.
- Solid understanding of internal controls methodology, practices and US GAAP.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance and Accounting or Business Administration, a Master is a plus.
- Courage to confront difficult issues with the appropriate response.
- Proven ability to effectively work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- High degree of flexibility, Intermediate level of problem solving skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
- Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
- Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
- Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
- Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
- Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
- Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
ABB Data Privacy Statement: