Through our market leadership positions in Sports Medicine, Trauma, Orthopaedic Reconstruction and Advanced Wound Management, our 16,000 employees continue to improve outcomes and expand access, constantly striving to create value for healthcare professionals, patients, payers and shareholders.
Finance Operations provides financial oversight, transactional process delivery and financial reporting for the business. The Financial Reporting Manager supports the delivery of high quality, timely reporting for group, management and statutory purposes. The role is responsible for ensuring compliance with external financial reporting requirements including IFRS and local statutory laws & regulations. This role will be responsible for problem solving and recommending solutions to the Financial Controller for technical and judgemental transactions to ensure the Business Unit aligns to internal polices & controls and the relevant external accounting and statutory frameworks. This role needs to be proactively engaged to interpret and apply changes in local statutory accounting rules or other laws & regulations applicable to the local Business unit.
The role will be required to manage, supervise and review/approve the outputs of the 'Reporting Accountants' which support this role. As people manager, this will include completion of the annual objective setting and performance appraisal process. The Reporting accountants will provide support for statutory and tax compliance activities for the markets they are accountable and ensure that all R2R activities are executed in accordance with S&N MAP and SOx control frameworks. This will include monitoring and optimisation of activities currently performed, review and approval of all relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and identification and migration of further activities as appropriate.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the service for allocated Business Units aligned with the Finance Taxonomy and RACI deliver fit for purpose transactional finance and financial reporting service that are compliant with the S&N control frameworks.
- Design and implement appropriate change management interventions to ensure acceptance of the solution with internal and external stakeholders including both internal and external auditors.
- Design, create and implement the responsibility and accountability for a strong controls culture and framework to ensure compliance with the Group’s Minimum Acceptable Practices (“MAPs”) framework, Group Finance Manual and SOX methodology in conjunction with the Controllership function in Finance.
- Design and drive the transformation of the service to minimise cost whilst maintaining controls and ensuring integrity of the accounting.
- Provide strong inspirational leadership, recruiting, building and developing a high performing Finance Operations team in GBS dependent on the result of the feasibility assessment.
- Identify and prioritise future improvement initiatives e.g. process simplification, standardisation and business efficiencies; including identification of opportunities for automation.
- Ensure that transactions are documented, in compliance with group standards (including the Minimum Acceptable Practices) and, where relevant, Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Responsible for high quality, timely reporting for group and statutory purposes and providing ad-hoc analysis and decision support to the business
- Participation in the annual Budgeting and quarterly Forecasting cycles utilising Hyperion (SNHFM) and SAP or MS AX
- Accountable for balance sheet integrity and reconciliations, to safeguard assets and to ensure the optimal use of resources across the business; and to ensure that any ageing of balances is fully investigated and resolved
- Support and implement continuous improvement initiatives e.g. process standardisation and business efficiencies, with the aim to lower cost, improve service and reduce compliance risk
- Manage the team the Reporting Accountants and completion of annual objective / appraisal performance process
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with the transactional accounting teams
- Manage the requests from external and internal auditors, other advisors and relevant country Authorities
- In combination with the Finance Controller, monitor, assess and implement changes to comply with external reporting and accounting requirements
- Assess and implement changes to comply with internal changes to the business or S&N accounting environment
- Degree level qualification & Professional qualification
- Professional accounting qualification (i.e ACA / ACCA / CPA /CA /CMA or equivalent)
- A minimum of 5 years post qualified experience, either in global accounting practice or in industry
- Must have fluency in English and in Italian
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and have working knowledge, expertise and experience in reporting under IFRS
- Experience of supervising and managing teams and strong inter-personal skills
- Demonstrates experience in analysing financial data, drawing sound conclusions and developing proposals/solutions
- Must be able to demonstrate a track record of success in working with diverse stakeholders
- Must have the ability to assess, react quickly and decisively to problems, taking tough decisions where needed or escalating issues as appropriate
nice to have
- Relevant industry experience advantageous, ideally in Medical Devices or Pharmaceuticals
- Candidates with past experience in one of the following roles would be desirable - Commercial Accounting, Legal Entity Reporting (including production and delivery of the accounts consolidation processes and complex transactions and associated accounting), Supply Chain Accounting (standard costs, variances, internal sales)
- Experience of SAP / Hyperion / TM1 / Cognos
- Experience of working in a large / listed entity
- Working knowledge and application of SOX control frameworks
- Experience of transition and transformation to an offshore Captive or BPO Transactional Finance operations
for this position we offer
care | multisport
card | life
sharesave plan |
meals and fruits |
growth in the life
zones in the