We seek to enhance our team with a role specializing in reviewing derivatives documentation and operational management of regulatory processes. The role is part of the CORE team charged with supporting real estate, private equity, corporate and emerging markets sectors.
Financial Documentation Management
Understand, own, and manage our client’s financial transaction documentation by:
- Reviewing transaction documentation (e.g. trade confirmations) to ensure the accuracy of all its economic, financial and legal terms.
- Coordinating with major investment banks to negotiate and finalize transaction documentation.
Regulatory Process Management
Assist our clients in complying with derivatives regulatory requirements by operational management of:
- Conducting portfolio reconciliations with bank counterparties.
- Assisting in the daily operational processes of posting and collecting collateral.
- Obtaining Legal Entity Identifiers for legal entities entering in financial transactions
- Coordinating between internal sector teams and external parties to comply with anti-money laundering requirements.
- Preparing regulatory compliance reports.
Prior experience in economics or finance is not required. Most of our team members do not come to Chatham with a deep understanding of derivatives; therefore, we conduct classroom and apprentice-style training. Our goal is to develop you so that you can gradually assume a greater range of responsibilities, become a full-scale subject-matter expert and positively influence those around you. However, some basic criteria are:
- Very strong linguistic and communication skills
- Exceptional ability to think logically and conceptually
- Capacity for detail-oriented work
- High proficiency in written and spoken English. All of our business is conducted exclusively in English.
- Good numerical and mathematical skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize many evolving & growing responsibilities
- Drive, determination, and outstanding academic and/or professional accomplishments
We seek individuals who will thrive in our culture and make a significant impact over the long term. Before we examine specific skill sets, we filter candidates for their ability to strongly contribute in a team environment and their love of learning. Turnover at Chatham is purposely very low. We invest a great deal of time and training with our employees and we are looking for individuals who want to make a long-term commitment to the company.
Chatham Financial is an independent financial risk management firm helping clients overcome common yet complex capital markets challenges. Chatham works with over 2,000 clients globally, providing advisory and technology solutions to Corporations, Financial Institutions, Private Equity and Real Estate companies. Since its founding in 1991, Chatham has hedged over $5 trillion notional, helping clients understand and use debt and derivatives as a critical piece of their financial strategy. Chatham is a multiple bottom line firm committed to delivering trust and transparency in the capital markets.
As a purpose-driven organization, we are committed to making a positive impact on our clients, our colleagues, our communities and the capital markets at large. We are an employee-owned, view-neutral services firm, with no affiliation to any financial institution allowing us to serve as independent advisors. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity and client service. We always strive to do what is right, just and fair, even when no one is looking. We would rather be governed by principles than rules. We believe leadership should be gained through influence and personal character, not by title or tenure. As a result, we have a non-hierarchical, team-oriented organization that is highly collaborative.
The Krakow, Poland Office
The Krakow Office, founded in June 2007, is not an outsourcing center. Rather, we play a major role in serving Chatham’s clients as part of a global team. Our office is an integral part of the Chatham worldwide organization, involved in intellectually challenging and highly impactful work. Team members in our Krakow Office work closely with the U.K., Asia and U.S. teams.