Why IAG GBS?
- We are a part of International Airlines Group, one of the world’s leading airline groups flying to over 270 destinations and carrying more than 100 million passengers each year
- We provide a plug and play platform of scalable, best in class procurement, finance and IT business services to Aer Lingus, Avios, British Airways, IAG, IAG Cargo, Iberia, Iberia Express, LEVEL and Vueling
- We combine functional expertise with a strong focus on customer service to make our Group stronger, more efficient, more competitive
In addition, you will make an impact in this role by…
- Complete responsibility for the review of bank postings and reconciliations, ensuring all the bank supporting documentation is in place
- Responsibility for the review of the employee's expenses as well as the payroll, investigate the issues, ensuring that all are solved accordingly to the schedule
- Responsibility for the review of the general ledger accounts, intragroup report, as well as both Spanish and UK Tax submissions
- Assisting in the preparation of the financial statements both under IFRS and Spanish GAAP
- Responsibility for the period end and tax adjustments
- Responsibility for the input to the Group internal tax/audit recharge models
- Review of the monthly MI reports for budget holders within the Head Office
- Serving as a point of contact for external audit queries
- Developing a broad understanding of the financial aspects of the business.
To achieve in this role, you are likely to…
- Have finance education and professional background (professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) completed or in progress will be an asset
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail
- Be service-oriented and professional working approach
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of financial and accounting processes, including knowledge of the international financial accounting standards (IFRS)
- Be able to work under time-pressure in a complex international environment
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work within the team
Must haves: fluency in English and literacy in MS Excel
What we offer
Accountant role is the chance to be the change leader in a very dynamic industry for a company with over 60 thousand employees. We have a multicultural environment with an amazing office where you can do your best work. Of course, we take care of our employees by providing them with work life balance, health insurance, pension and performance bonuses.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.